Chiropractor Kevin Maggs D.C.
Dr. Maggs is a provider and owner of Lively Health Clinic. The focus of the practice is always on YOU.
- 45 minute initial appointments and 30 minute regular treatments. This gives time for YOU to ask questions and to properly understand WHY you condition exists and HOW to properly manage it.
- While chiropractic adjustments and soft tissue work are definitely employed, the main focus is on how YOU can cope with and gradually overcome your condition. This approach is far superior to a dependency on passive treatments that you have to go to the clinic for.
- An attitude focusing on what you CAN do, instead of what you CANNOT do. The goal is to build strength and resiliency in the body and not focus on “you’re built wrong” or “you move wrong”.
To that end, Dr. Maggs made a video on the topic which has now been translated into 6 different languages, was featured on the British Journal of Sports Medicine webpage and is used for teaching purposes in various physical therapy colleges.
About Dr. Maggs:
- Group lead instructor Active Release Techniques since 2012. ART is a continuing education organization, teaching healthcare providers how to perform manual soft tissue treatments (muscles, tendons, nerves, fascia)
- Lead instructor for The Running Clinic since 2015. TRC is a continuing education organization which teaches healthcare providers about diagnosis, management and prevention of running injuries and biomechanics.
Online Teaching since COVID hit:
- May 13, 2020: Online Physiotherapy Symposium (OPS) (Australia) delivered to 8,000 physiotherapists. Presentation titled: Managing OA In The Running Athlete
- July 18, 2020: Clinica de Corrida (Brazil) Presentation titled: Load vs Capacity and Running Injuries
- Aug 26, 2020: Australian Chiropractic Association. Presentation titled: Spinal Discs: Increasing Capacity via Load Application
- Oct 13, 2020: SmartEducation (Belgium). Presentation titled: 10 Myths of Running Injuries
- October 29 and 30: RunChatLive Conference (UK). Presentation titled: Load vs Capacity and Running Injuries
Other professional activities:
- Invited guest on many international podcasts
- Active Release Techniques director for all Rev3 races across the country from 2009-2013. Role was to render care for all professional triathletes on the circuit as well as manage other healthcare providers
- Invited to speak at different venues about the biomechanics of running and gait analysis, including various running specialty stores and has been a guest lecturer on running biomechanics at the Exercise Science Department at GWU and also at the Suntrust National marathon.
Dr. Maggs has been involved in many sports including different high school sports teams (basketball, volleyball, tennis, golf), rugby team in college and has played hockey for many years. He is an avid runner and has completed many marathons, half Ironman races and 3 full Ironman triathlons. A large portion of his practice is devoted to runners and athletes.